Whether you’re a manager at a large Hair Salon chain, or you own your own single chair establishment, there are many things that you can do to make the experience unforgettable (in a good way) for every single customer.
As you know, excellent customer service helps you retain clients, grow your business through word of mouth and of course increase revenue. And in this busy, and competitive industry, delighting your clients can set you apart from the many alternatives in your area.
Fortunately, creating this exceptional customer experience for your salon doesn’t have to break the bank or take up an exceptional amount of your time. Here are a few things you can start doing today:
- Good vibes only. Ensure that your customers are welcomed into a positive space with a pleasant smile and greeting.
- Give appropriate time to the consultation. The more you listen, the better understanding you will have of what your client has come in for today. Not rushing through the appointment will also make the customer feel valued – and they are!
- Share the information. Let your client know why you are using a certain product, or why you would recommend a treatment or style.
- Know your products and make individualized recommendations. Your customers look to you for advice as you are the expert, even on their own hair. Take the time to make specific recommendations that will work best for them.
- Keep up with staff training. Training is so important. Keeping up with trends, techniques, and products, etc. is important in this fast-paced industry.
- Make sure your work area sparkles. Keep it clean. A messy work area could suggest sloppy service.
- Always answer the phone. This one can be tough for smaller salons as you don’t want to miss an appointment opportunity, but you also don’t want to interrupt a service you are currently providing. A telephone answering service like ours could be the missing piece of this puzzle for you.
- Make it easy to book an appointment. Consider an online booking option or hire us to book your appointments for you. With consistent service and messaging, your clients will appreciate being able to book appointments with ease.
- Take note. Pay attention to those details. Salons have the incredible opportunity to build relationships with their customers. Take advantage of this advantage! As Richard Branson once said, “No matter how big you are, details count.” We believe this to be true for smaller businesses too!
Adopt these ideas ASAP and watch your business grow! If you’re ready to learn more about how we can help, please connect with us today!